Water Information Services employs Johanna Rodgers, as an administrator and telemetry coordinator and Kate Jefferd as Technical Advisor.
Jo’s role in WIS is to make sure that all the consent holders in HB who have to record their water take are doing this and that the records of the water takes are as accurate as possible. This means that she is involved in a wide variety of work including:
- Communicating with consent holders about their new consents and what they have to do.
- Managing the data entry website
- Managing the telemetry data
- Working with the telemetry providers when there are problems or missing data
- Answering questions from consent holders
- Managing the meter installation records
- Ensuring that all the data collected is of the highest possible standard so that it can also be used by consent holders for managing their water use, applying for new consents and GAP reports. The Science team also use the data to make decisions about the future of water use in Hawke’s Bay.
Jo is almost always available as she is mostly based in the office at HBRC and you can call her directly 06 833 8043 or email here if you have any questions or problems.
Kate joined WIS in January 2017, after having completed 4 years study at Canterbury University and two summers working at the Gisborne District Council in their Water and Coastal team. She is so far enjoying learning about her new role and acting as an advisor to consent holders and service providers. She is looking forward to spending time out in the field establishing relationships with you as consent holders and helping to find solutions towards your concerns and problems. The work she will be doing includes:
- Advising consent holders and service providers on meter installation, verification under the Water Meter Regulations, and helping to interpret consent conditions
- Advising and approving meter installations that are not the norm
- Co-ordinating for the Irrigation NZ Magazine, and working with Irrigation NZ in managing the Accredited Blue Tick companies who are working in Hawke’s Bay
- Data quality auditing and interpretation
- Ensuring HBRC is a leader and nationally consistent with other Council’s for providing consent holder services
- Regular site visits to understand different consent holder set ups and meet to discuss and solve problems
- Telemetry field work
- Water meter verification audits
If you would like to contact Kate you can email her at Kate.Jefferd@hbrc.govt.nz or call her on 06 833 8004