Submissions from Hawke's Bay Regional Council
From time to time, HBRC has the opportunity to make submissions on resource management-related proposals from central government, other local authorities, and various statutory organisations.
These can include:
- resource consent applications publicly notified by a territorial authority
- district plan reviews or district plan changes released by a territorial authority
- private plan change requests publicly notified by a territorial authority
- notices of requirements for designations in district plans
- non-statutory strategies, structure plans, registrations, etc prepared by territorial authorities, government ministries or other agencies involved in resource management
- national policy statements, national environmental standards and other national initiatives proposed under the Resource Management Act 1991 by the Government
- other Bills, Regulations, and legislation reforms.
In these instances, HBRC is not the decision-maker or applicant. HBRC's position is typically informed by Council’s own Plans, Policies and Strategies, plus its land ownership or asset management interests.