Hawke’s Bay Regional Council has reviewed its representation this year (2018) as required by the Local Government Act.
Council is required to make decisions on the number of representatives (councillors), and the constituency boundaries.
On 25 July 2018 the councillors considered two options, including a boundary adjustment and a change in the number of councillors.
Find out more about the options considered here.
Council resolved to retain its current representation arrangements and now seeks feedback from the community.
Anyone can make written submissions on the Council’s representation proposal and supply no later than 5.00pm, Monday, 17 September 2018.
Submissions should be sent by email to the Electoral Officer.
Or post: Electoral Officer, Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, Private Bag 6006, Napier 4142.
Or deliver to: Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, 159 Dalton Street, Napier (attn. Electoral Officer).
For the 2019 and 2022 elections, the Council will comprise nine Councillors elected from five constituencies:
- one councillor elected by the electors of Wairoa Constituency
- three councillors elected by the electors of Napier Constituency
- one councillor elected by the electors of Ngaruroro Constituency
- three councillors elected by the electors of Hastings Constituency
- one councillor elected by the electors of Central Hawke’s Bay Constituency.
- Wairoa Constituency
- Napier Constituency
- Ngaruroro Constituency
- Hastings Constituency
- Central Hawke’s Bay Constituency