The Total Mobility Scheme (TMS) provides passenger services travel for Hawke’s Bay residents, who are unable to use public transport due to a significant, permanent impairment. It pays 50% of the cost of a passenger fare (up to a maximum amount) for those on the Scheme.
The scheme is administered by Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, and funded by both the Council and New Zealand Transport Agency.
How can I join the Total Mobility Scheme?
If you have a significant, permanent impairment which prevents you from using your own car or travelling on a bus, you will need to be assessed to make sure that you are genuinely in need of subsidised passenger travel, and that you meet the criteria of the Scheme.
How do I get assessed?
There is a brochure available which gives information about the scheme which is available as a pdf in related documents below. You will need to contact one of the organisations to be assessed and the assessor will ask you some questions about your mobility and may take a photo for an ID card.
What will it cost me?
Membership of the scheme is free, however the agency who assesses you may charge a small fee if you are not a member of their organisation.
What happens after I’ve been assessed?
If your application meets the criteria for the Total Mobility Scheme, Hawke’s Bay Regional Council will issue you with:
- A book of travel vouchers, which entitle you to 50% discount on passenger service fares (some conditions apply).
- Guidelines on the conditions of use of the vouchers, including information about the service providers and many of the common questions people ask about the scheme.
- A photo ID card, which you will need to keep safe and show to the driver each time you travel.
For more information please contact email@example.com, or +64 6 833 8087.
- Age Concern Napier +64 6 842 1346
- Age Concern Hastings +64 6 870 9060
- Age Concern Flaxmere +64 6 879 7003
- Age Concern Havelock North +64 6 877 6488
- Age Concern Central Hawke’s Bay +64 6 858 9158
- Dementia HB Napier +64 6 834 0417
- Dementia HB Hastings +64 6 878 7502
- CCS Disability Action Hawke's Bay +64 6 834 0499
- Epilepsy Association Hawke's Bay +64 6 835 5537
- Hawke’s Bay Multiple Sclerosis Society Inc +64 6 843 3000
- IHC Idea Services Hawke’s Bay +64 6 878 8059
- Parkinsons Hawke’s Bay +64 6 844 9135
- Blind Foundation +64 6 835 3777
- Stroke Central Regions Hawke's Bay +64 0800298 858