Emergency Management Advisor Public Information and Education (Vacancy 18-930)
The Hawke’s Bay Civil Defence Emergency Management Group is looking to fill a challenging and varied role as an emergency management advisor in public information management and education.
Key skills for this role will include the ability to:
- Act as the primary Group Public Information Manager (PIM) in the response to an emergency.
- Develop and manage the relationships and practices that support the timely and effective delivery of public messaging though a variety of mediums in an emergency.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with media organisations in Hawke’s Bay.
- Utilise and advise on a variety of digital and non-digital media channels.
- Develop and support the implementation of a Public Education and Communications Plan that supports Hawke’s Bay people being ready for an emergency.
- Work positively with other emergency management advisors in providing for public information and education within their areas of expertise and responsibilities.
You will need a qualification or strong experience relevant to the role and an ability to effectively manage a wide range of media tools. Very strong communication and relationship skills with an ability to engage with a variety of audiences and organisations effectively. You must be willing to provide an appropriate support outside of normal hours when required, be able to work unsupervised, and have a clean current driver’s licence.
The role is an employee of Hawke’s Bay Regional Council based in Hastings.
The Hawke’s Bay Emergency Management Group is a cooperative of all of the councils in Hawke’s Bay. Our role is to jointly deliver civil defence emergency management across Hawke’s Bay. The Group office is staffed by a small group of multidisciplinary emergency management professionals who work across Hawke’s Bay. While we each have our specialities, we work across the four goals of comprehensive emergency management being reduction, readiness, response and recovery.
Applications close at 4 pm on Wednesday 27th June 2018.
6 June 2018