Senior Policy Planner (Vacancy 18-921)
Do you have the skills and commitment to make a positive contribution to planning the future of Hawke’s Bay?
Hawke’s Bay is one of New Zealand’s top destinations with a beautiful coastline, fantastic outdoor activities and an award winning wine region.
The Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is responsible for the regions strategic planning, infrastructure, services and natural resource management ensuring the region and environment is managed effectively for current and future generations.
We are looking for an experienced policy planning analyst who can contribute to the Council’s challenging and varied resource management policy and plan development programme.
You will be involved with various policy and planning implementation processes, working within a number of project teams to coordinate resource management and policy development initiatives.
Our planners are involved in coordinating advocacy of the Council’s interests to stakeholders and work with multidisciplinary project teams and organisations. As a Senior Planner your focus will be the preparation of regional catchment plans that will improve the management of land and freshwater resources.
The right candidate will have;
- A tertiary qualification in resource management planning or similar
- At least seven years of proven experience
- Extensive experience in successfully evaluating and developing policy
- A good understanding of the Resource Management Act and the local government planning process
- A high level of project management skills, including the ability to coordinate tasks and work programmes across a variety of teams and subject matters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and passion for innovation and change
- Local government experience is an advantage.
Ideally, we are seeking a senior policy planner with a high level of experience and expertise, however we would also consider applicants at the planner level.
Applications close at 4 pm Wednesday 23rd May, 2018.
7 May 2018