Thank you for showing an interest in a career with the Hawke’s Bay Regional Council. It’s up to you how you “sell yourself” to those who will shortlist possible appointees for this position. We do not have an application form as generally applicants provide the relevant information in their CV and accompanying letter.
How to Apply?
To apply for an advertised position please click on the 'Apply' button which will take you to an online form to complete. You will need to attach your CV here.
If you intend applying, but think your application might be late reaching us, please telephone and let us know – see contact details below.
What Happens Next?
- Once applications for this position have closed, members of the Interview Panel will prepare a shortlist of applicants to be interviewed.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Human Resources Manager’s Executive Assistant to arrange interviews.
- If you are from outside Hawke’s Bay, the Council will provide reasonable assistance to cover your travel costs associated with the interview.
- Generally you will not be required to bring any extra documentation to your interview.
- If you are unsuccessful in securing an interview you will be notified within two weeks of the closing date for the position.
- Once interviews have been completed, unsuccessful interviewees will be notified either by phone or email.
Before a final decision is made on an appointment, it is important that the successful applicant feels 'right' about joining the Council. The employment process is a two way thing – the Council has to be confident you are the best person for the position and, equally, you have to be sure the Council is 'right' for you. To this end you may be asked to talk with other staff who you might work with to get a 'feel' for the culture of the Council. This will be done before you are asked to make a decision on our employment offer.
The employment offer will generally be made verbally over the phone and supported by written confirmation.
The relevant salary range for the position is included in the job description. The commencing salary will be subject to negotiation at the time of appointment but will be within the stated range.
We hope this information has been helpful and we look forward to receiving your application. Our contact details are:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: Jaimee Lovett, Human Resources Advisor: +6468338078
- Phone: Viv Moule, Human Resources Manager: +6468338072