Senior Planner (Vacancy 17-856)
Are you an experienced Planner looking for a new challenge?
Hawke’s Bay is one of New Zealand’s top destinations with a beautiful coastline, fantastic outdoor activities and fertile plains – and well known for its award winning wines! The Hawke’s Bay Regional Council is responsible for the region's strategic planning, infrastructure, services, and natural resource management ensuring the region and environment is managed effectively for current and future generations.
We are recruiting a Senior Planner to sit within the Strategic Development Group, working on the preparation and review of the Council’s Regional Policy Statement, Coastal Environment Plan, and the Regional Resource Management Plan.
In particular, the focus of this role is on the preparation of catchment-based changes to regional plans, to improve the way land and freshwater resources are managed.
This involves working within a number of project teams to co-ordinate resource management plan development and the implementation of initiatives that will achieve desired project outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in policy development and the evaluation process
- Excellent understanding of the RMA, especially in regards to planning processes
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to coordinate tasks and work programmes across a variety of teams
- A high level of communication skills, including stakeholder relationship management
- A high standard of written communication for report writing and analysis
- The desire and passion for innovation and change
- Regional Government experience, particularly in freshwater resources would be an advantage
You will demonstrate solid technical capability, along with an understanding of issues surrounding New Zealand’s natural and built environment and how this affects regulatory and strategic planning activity.
In return, you get to work in a fantastic regional location with a talented team, with a competitive salary package on offer.
Applications close at 4 pm on Wednesday 10 May 2017
18 April 2017