Maritime Event Application Form
Sports, recreation and celebratory events on the marine foreshore or rivers may require exclusion zones so the event can be managed safely for everyone involved. Event organisers should apply to the Harbourmaster for exclusion zones under the Navigation Safety Bylaws 2012 to set 'no-go' areas for other activities or lift speed restrictions (eg jet boat events). A Harbourmaster Notice in Hawke's Bay Today or relevant local newspaper will formally notify the zone.
If you have an event that is on the marine foreshore or river please apply using the online form below. Allow a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event to process the application. Please include the following with your application:
- A detailed nautical chart or map of the area over which the activity is to take place.
- A safety plan for the event, detailing, identifying and managing all risks associated with the event. See Safety Plan requirements below.
- A copy of your public liability insuranc policy that details the insurer, insurance cover amount, relevant exclusions and policy expiry date.
- A copy of the application for a test certificate for an outdoor pyrotechnic display work (if applicable).
- Written authorisation from the occupier/trustee of the foreshore land intended to be used for the event (if applicable).